Laser varicose vein surgery is a process in which heat form of laser light is used to reduce varicose veins. These are swollen happy veins that generally happen on the calves or thighs, and this device sends a beam of radiation light to treat the affected area.
With the help of this surgery, the varicose vein closes and shrinks the vein, causing scar tissue within the vessel.
This seals off the vein and help blood flow through nearby veins instead. This is a modern technique that does not drive any pain and fastens up the process of treatment compared with the traditional style of the treatment process.
This process will answer the question about What is the latest treatment for varicose veins.
Risks involved in the process of Varicose vein treatment are :
- Skin Irritation
- Discoloration of the area that is being treated
- Bleeding can also be seen in some of the laser treatment cases
- Skin can burn
- There can be chances of swelling or redness(inflammation) of the vein
- This can also damage the nerve or the other veins near the affected area.
These risks depend on the body and the health or the immunity power. For some, there are no risk factors, and the surgery undergoes soothing, showing positive and effective results. Be assured before taking any treatment, and it is always recommended to reserve the slot of a consulting session that could clear the vision of the different techniques that must be used.
When facing any sought of consequences or pain in the veins it is recommended when to see a vascular doctor.
Steps needed to be followed before the treatment:
It is advised to reveal all the medical history to your doctor before any treatment in a consulting session. This step plays a crucial role before heading onto any other treatment because if the doctor knows your medical background, they can treat and provide medicines accordingly.
For instance, if you have an allergy or have fever blister, recent facial peels or any surgery, diabetes-prescribed medicines along with the current and latest prescription, hormone replacement therapy, or any other severe issue and over that if you are being treated with the laser rays, then this can be harmful at the same time this won't show any positive results to the vein laser therapy.
Before the laser treatment, it is advised not to use any sought cosmetic products like self-tanning, creme, or sunbathing. There should be a two weeks gap between this and your appointment. And if the appointment date falls between, then prefer to reschedule it to avoid any consequences.
Any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn may be rescheduled due to the procedure's sensitivity to altered skin color and for your safety.
If having laser vein removal treatment of the legs, for a more comfortable or unproblematic treatment, do shave the area and then remember not to apply lotion to the legs on the day of the appointment.
Post Treatment Steps that are mandatory for optimizing the Surgery:
Here are a few steps that a patient should follow for a few days to recover quickly, and by following this patient will not face any sought of the other problem.
- Keep your leg elevated until 48 hours to avoid swelling or redness.
- It is recommended to wear a hose for support for around 72 hours after the vein leg treatment.
- Do not touch harshly or scratch the treated area. If there is any case of having blisters, then it is best to visit the doctor for a checkup.
- Maintain hygiene and sanitization and apply the antibiotic cream precisely by the doctor.
- Do visit the doctor for a regular checkup when the appointments are scheduled.
- Keep the treated area moisturized and apply hydrocortisone cream to places where you feel irritation 3-4 times daily until itchiness subsides.
- If you see bruising around the area, prefer using Arnica; this will reduce the bruising and ease the soreness.
Any laser or light source treatment must eliminate reverse pressure from corresponding varicose veins, or reticular, or the therapy will not be successful.
Many patients got a beneficial and positive results from a combination of treatments, such as ambulatory phlebectomy, sclerotherapy, and radiofrequency closure, because external lasers and light sources do not effectively treat associated reticular and varicose veins. Laser treatment will be less painful and resolve the query Is it worth getting varicose veins removed?
Lasers can effectively treat vessels less than 1-2 mm in diameter and resistant to sclerotherapy and telangiectatic matting, which can occur post-sclerotherapy.
Article source : https://www.transitsblog.com/how-does-laser-vein-treatment-work/