For mild varicose veins, you can try home remedies and self-care measures. Many patients ask When I should be worried about a vein. Although there is no need to worry if the veins are not causing you any discomfort, if the self-care measure is not helping with the pain of varicose veins and causing you severe discomfort, then the medical treatment is also available to deal with painful varicose veins, such as
- Ambulatory phlebectomy. The doctor will puncture the varicose veins and remove them with tiny incisions. Scaring is usually minimal afterward.
- Endothermal ablation. In this procedure, doctors use heat to seal the affected veins.
- Sclerotherapy. The procedure uses a foam-like chemical to shrink and close the veins. Visit the nearest vein center for sclerotherapy. If you don't know what to expect at a vein clinic? You'll get all the necessary treatment for your varicose veins in the vein clinic.
- Laser surgeries. In this procedure, the doctors focus intense laser rays onto the varicose veins, making them fade and disappear gradually.
- Ligation and striping. It is a surgical process or procedure to remove varicose veins.
- Endoscopic vein surgery. The doctor inserts a tiny video camera into the leg to help the surgeon see well. Then the doctor will remove the affected vein through minor cuts.
What are the home care remedies and measures for varicose veins?
The lifestyle remedies and self-care measures for varicose veins may include
- Weight management. Being overweight puts extra pressure on the legs, which can cause varicose veins.
- Exercise. The best way to reduce the pain and discomfort of varicose veins is to exercise regularly. It will increase the blood circulation in the leg.
- Avoid salt. Follow a low salt healthy diet to prevent swelling caused by water retention.
- Avoid tight clothes. Avoid wearing tight clothes around your legs, waist, and groin because these clothes can reduce blood flow.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking can increase the chances of developing varicose veins.
- Take several short breaks daily to raise your legs high to increase the blood flow in the legs.
How do doctors diagnose and treat varicose veins?
Nowadays, doctors use duplex ultrasound to look at the leg's circulatory system. It means taking a sharp two-dimensional picture instead of a doctor listening to blood flow in the leg with a Doppler device, determining which veins are affected. Duplex ultrasound is a boon for doctors because knowing the condition of the exact vein affected can help the doctor decide which treatment to use. Doctors hardly use vein stripping anymore. Doctors insert a thin catheter into the affected vein, and the whole inside of the vein heats and melts due to the radio waves, which shrinks the tough collagen in the vessel wall and causes it to collapse and reabsorb
We hope the above information will be of use to you. We learned about the medical treatments available for varicose veins, lifestyle changes and self-care measures for varicose veins, and more from the given matter. For more information regarding varicose veins, please get in touch with veintreatmentli.com
Article Source : https://www.gohealthtips.com/what-medical-treatments-are-available-for-varicose-veins/